At the end of Chapel Lane is a private house which was previously a Methodist chapel. Robert Johnson of Fromeshaw House was a Wesleyan circuit steward and by 1843 meetings were held in a room over his stables.
In the middle of the nineteenth century Methodists were split and the reformed Kingswood Circuit of the United Methodist Free Churches approached the Quakers for permission to use their meeting house. Instead Mr F.F.Tuckett donated a plot of land on which the chapel was built in 1887. It closed in the 1960s and was converted to a private house.